THE CALIFORNIA AIRSTRIP ATTACK PRESENTED BY GINTANI
This event is a DRIVERS ONLY event. Only drivers, sponsors, and their allocated guests/crew may attend. This event is not open to spectators or the general public.
DRIVER REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT: CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WAITLIST
What: ½ Mile Side by Side Racing Event and Trap Speed Competition.
When: November 14-15. Gates open at 7AM.
Where: The New Coalinga Municipal Airport. 27500 West Phelps. Coalinga, CA.
Shift-S3ctor is excited to announce that the California Airstrip Attack Presented by Gintani will be November 14-15, 2020 at the New Coalinga Municipal Airport in Coalinga, California. This will be a 1/2 mile, side by side racing event and trap speed competition. Both automobiles and motorcycles are permitted.
Vehicles will start from a stop and trap speed will be clocked at the 1/2 mile point on the runway. Drivers will receive speeds at the end of each run. Each vehicle will automatically be entered into the trophy competition. This event is a DRIVERS ONLY event not open to the general public. Only drivers, sponsors, and allocated guests/crew can attend.
All attendees must wear a face mask to enter the event, and must wear a face mask when interacting with individuals outside of their pit area (i.e. check-in, registration, timing, food vendors, etc.). We will have hand sanitizing stations present throughout the event.
Saturday & Sunday’s formats are identical. For the first time, all vehicles will automatically be entered into a trophy class. Vehicles can run openly throughout each day, running side-by-side with another vehicle or solo for trap speed. The trophy competition will run in a shootout style competition. Trophies will be awarded at the end of each day for each competition class. Vehicles are free to run openly, but must make passes during the formatted competition times to qualify for each stage in the competition if they wish to qualify.
Trap Speed Competition Classes:
- AWD by Brixton Forged – AWD Drivetrain
- 2WD by Garrett Motion – FWD or RWD Drivetrain
- Manual by Ignite Racing Fuel– Must have manual transmission and clutch, no sequential transmissions
- German by CSF Cooling – Any German vehicle with factory german-based powerplant, no modification restrictions.
- Sedan by Pacific Sun Financial – Four doors required, wagons and SUVs permitted
- Naturally Aspirated by RSS3 – No forced induction or power adders (turbocharger, supercharger, nitrous, electric, etc.)
All drivers in the trophy competition will be competing in a trap speed competition on their respective registered day(s).
- Stage 1: Drivers may do as many passes as possible from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. At 1:00 PM the top four (4) qualifying vehicles in each class will be announced.
- Stage 2: The top four (4) qualifying vehicles in each class may do as many passes as possible between 1:00 PM-3:00 PM. A minimum of one pass must be made between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to qualify for the next round. At 3:00 PM the top two (2) qualifying vehicles will be announced.
- Final: The top two (2) vehicles will report to grid at 4:00 PM for the final run. The final run of each day will determine 1st and 2nd place for each class. Both vehicles will line up and will go at the same time, with the fastest trap speed taking 1st place. There will be no reruns and fastest trap speed of this run will take 1st place and the other vehicle will take 2nd place for the respective day and class.
- Both 1st and 2nd place drivers are required to be physically present at the trophy ceremony to collect their trophy once racing ends each day.
- Trap speeds for each stage and the finals will only apply to that specific round. Trap speeds from previous stages or run outside of the time frame, will not count for later stages.
- If a registered vehicle does not qualify for Round 2 or Final Round, it can still make open runs until racing ends each day, but will not qualify for a trophy.
- Cars must register to compete online or on site before the first race of the day. (Competition entry must be selected at time of registration)
- Trap speeds for the race shootout will only apply to that day. Trap speeds set in runs on Saturday will not count for Sunday’s race shootout.
- Drivers may only enter one class at a time. A driver cannot register a vehicle in multiple classes per day.
- Any competitor may request for race officials to inspect any competitor car to check the validity of the vehicle and the class entered at any time before trophies have been presented, whichever occurs first. Requests after this time will not be accommodated.
On Sunday, the format will be identical to that of Saturday.
If a vehicle competing in a class exceeds 180mph without the proper safety equipment, that vehicle will be limited to 180mph in the competition.
Who Can Come:
Drivers: The event is open to all types of cars and all horsepower levels. Each registered driver may bring up to 5 guests/crew free of charge.
Spectators: Due to COVID-19, there are no spectators allowed for this event and it is not open to the general public.
SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS
CARS EXCEEDING 180MPH:
To further emphasize these points in our 2019 Rules and Regulations at the link above, it is required that all participants exceeding 180mph have the following gear and safety equipment:
- Helmet – Snell SA2015 or newer (same as all participants)
- Gloves – SFI-rated
- Fire Suit – SFI-rated
- Seat Belts – Properly installed SFI or FIA rated harnesses with at minimum 4-points.
- Roll Bar – minimum of 4-points
- Fire Extinguisher – mounted within reach of driver
- Neck Restraint – HANS device or similar
To be licensed to go 180+mph, each driver must do two solo passes (one in each lane) between 170mph and 180 mph. This is to ensure that you can do a safe pass at that speed as observed by our staff. Once we see and have record that you have accomplished two safe passes, you will be permitted to exceed 180+ so long as the participant and vehicle have the proper safety equipment.
Qualifying for a license on Saturday will be good for both days of the event.
Licenses issued in our records to drivers at any previous Shift-S3ctor events will carry over. You do not need to go through licensing again if you already did at a prior event with Shift-S3ctor.
If you exceed 180MPH without the required safety equipment, you will no longer be able to participate in the event.
We have limited sponsor spots, and it is first come first serve. Please email email@example.com with questions, concerns, or to reserve your spot.
NO DRONES ARE PERMITTED. No exceptions.This is mandated by the FAA and carries with it a $10,000 fine to the owner/operator of any drones on or surrounding active airport premises.
Media must be on our guest list as well to gain access to Airstrip Attack. We require all media to fill out our media waiver and rights form. You will need to check in at the Media tent to acquire your media vest and badge first thing in the morning. WE DO NOT ALLOW SALES OF PHOTOGRAPHY AT OUR EVENT.
*For those requesting media access, please fill out the application at www.shift-s3ctor.com/media-application*
Hotel and Lodging:
Harris Ranch Inn
Address: 24505 W Dorris Ave, Coalinga, CA 93210
The event will proceed rain or shine and will run based on the safety of conditions.
This is a NO REFUND event unless the event is fully cancelled.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
DRIVER REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT: CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WAITLIST
|Each vehicle registration includes:|
– Trophy Competition entry
– 5 guests/crew
– Event T-Shirt